Friday, August 27, 2004

The "Why"

Well, here I am, writing a blog. Something I swore I'd never do, conformists be damned. My only excuse is abject boredom.

But OK, I can see the appeal of blogs. I have to admit it's a great way to vent, and I feel like venting about what I see as a progressively worsening economic situation in America. Don't get me wrong, we are still far better than any other country in the world when it comes to government regulation. But, if you think about it, that's actually pretty depressing. We have a massive social security system that continues to suck taxes from us right until the day it dies a spectacular over-budgeted death, an equally monstrous welfare system, and a federal deficit that is so large one wonders if there are enough natural resources in the world to pay it off.

And now in 2004, we have an election between John Kerry, a man who wants to create a huge government under the power of the Democrats, and George W. Bush, a man who wants to create a huge government under the power of the Republicans. Anyone who likes self-government really doesn't have much of an option. But then again people like us don't get involved in the political process in the first place I guess. God forbid people should run their own lives without someone other than God Himself dictating how they are to spend their money and live their lives.

So there you have it. Prepare to be libertarified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home